I developped a large eye-cup for the OM-1. It shades the eye far better than the original eye-cup. Currently, I designed two prototypes with differend advantages and disadvantages.
The other model supports the eye-sensor but doesn’t allow to rotate the hood. It will be available as dedicated left or right eye model.
One of the models features a rotating eye-cup that allows to adjust for the right or left eye or for landscape and portrait. This model doesn’t alow to use the eye-sensor.
Both models use original OM-1 parts to mount the hood to the camera. This ensures that the hood keeps fixedto the camera like the original eye-cup.
Up to now, there are only two prototypes available. The parts hafe fine details so I have to validate printability of the rubber parts before uploading the parts in my webshop.
Developing such projects implies costs that I have to pay, even if the project fails. I will therefore evaluate all options to minimize risks.
You may follow the project on its project page which will be updated in regular intervals.
In the course of an exploration tour I led together with Harald Hois, we managed to visit remote places. We had the chance to dive at rarely visited spectacular sites and even managed to do a first-time dive in a remote northern crater lake.
Due to the guiding, I didn’t take much photos during this trip but modeled under water for Harald Hois. I will show pictures of the trip in a few weeks in my gallery.
I already received a number of requests for an adaptor to mount angle finders onto the OM-1.
I therefore designed a set of adaptors for the Olympus VA-1, the Seagull universal angle finder and the old Olympus Varimagni angle finder.
I printed a prototype for a first test and mounted a VA-1 angle finder onto an OM-1. Thanks to Reinhard Wagner for assisting in measuring the camera and testing the adaptor.
Serial production of these adaptors requires high precision 3D printing, available only on high grade industrial printers. I therefore uploaded the designs to Shapeways. You may order adaptors through my webshop at Shapeways.
The new version improves the user experience during installation. If no information is entered for controllers, the setup automatically searches for controllers and configures them for the LED ring service.
A new function was added to the LED Ring Configurator. Controllers now can be enumerated and then activated for use with the LED Ring Service. It is not required anymore to edit XML files to change the configuration.
The new setup is available in the download section of the LED Ring Service page.
I added an activation function to the Configuration Application. LED Ring and LED Strip command files now can be activated for the LED Ring Service. Configuration files now can be kept in any directory. A number of sample configurations is provided and can be activated in the LED Ring Configurator.
Costs for parts originating in the Far East increased dramatically. The increase is caused by a general shortage of electronic parts and recently raised shipping costs. In addition, the tax exclusion for goods below 20 € was dropped. Custom fees have to be paid now for all goods.
My cost calculations contain a very shallow uplift, so I have to raise prices to cover for the increase in external costs.
Again, I improved and extended my software package. The most prominent change is a configuration application that allows graphical editing of light effects. It allso allows to show light effects on a LED ring to get the real feeling.
To support these new features, a few changes were required in the controller firmware. Along with the new features, I fixed some bugs on the way.