I have selected a couple of pictures of my recent trip to the Sudan. They may be seen here in my gallery.
I am still searching for the wreck of the Aurora, lying at Wingate Reef. As far as I know, she sank on November 23rd 2004 during a storm. She is reported to lie at about 20 meters depth in the vicinity of the Umbria. The image shows the Aurora on her last trip in October 2002.
I am glad about any hint leading me to the exact position of the wreck. If you know about the wreck, please tell me through my contact form.
I selected a couple of pictures from my expedition to Mount Licancabur to be shown in my gallery. Althoug we didn’t succeed in reaching the summit and diving the crater lake, the trip left deep and vivid impressions. We’ll have a second try for sure.
I was diving the area south of Port Sudan towards the Eritrean border. I used the trip to test dive computers and to do some research on the position of a wreck I’m looking for. Pictures of the trip will be shown in the gallery soon.
I have been on an expedition in South America. We wanted to dive a crater lake at 5900m altitude to test outdoor and diving equipment. Sadly, the weather was too bad to achieve our goal. Nevertheless, I had a great time in Bolivia and Chile. During the next few days, I will process pictures from the trip and upload them to a gallery on this site.
After a series of tests I have built a BLH-1 battery dummy for Olympus cameras (currently the OM-D E-M1 Mark II). Since the battery is larger than other models, the lid of the battery compartment is also bigger. This allows to cut a slot for the cable to pass through while the lid is closed. You shouldn’t do this to the original lid. That’s why I currently try to get spare battery compartment lids for the camera.
I have been to Indonesia in November 2016 for six weeks. Finally, I managed to weed out my pictures and select a few for display. I created three galleries representing the areas of Lembeh, Raja Ampat and Halmahera.
I got already requests for BLH-1 battery dummies (for the Olympus OM-D E-M1 mark II). Therefore, I made first measurements and built a prototype. During the next few days, I will test and refine the prototype.
If the test results are promising, I will have PCBs built and launch a first series.
Finally, I made it happen. After several years of planning, sketching and research, I was able to take the photos for a new project. With the great help of Reinhard Wagner, I took a picture series at his studio in Rocksdorf on December 16th and 17th.
Now it is time to select the best shots and prepare them for printing. Thanks to the highly professional team that helped me to create great pictures. After selecting, processing, printing and framing the pictures, a series of exhibitions in Austria and Germany is planned. More about this in a couple of weeks on my blog.