I got the first production grade adapter to mount teh VA-1 angle finder on the OM-D E-M5 II. It fits well and the visibility of the view finder is good. I have no experience yet, how the material will stand over time and usage. I used (first time) selective laser sintering (SLS) as production method for this kind of adapter.
With this adapter, the VA-1 may be mounted to yet another type of camera body.
I designed an adapter to mount the VA-1 angle finder on the E-M5ii. During the next few days I will perform tests with the prototype. In case of successful tests I will produce a small batch of adapters.
Who says, that you can’t mount a threaded filter on top of the Zuiko 7–14 mm f2.0 lens? With a filter diameter of 105 mm it is possible. I tested with the bare holder for vignetting. Up to now, the results are promising.
I designed and built a prototype on request. I couldn’t test the holder yet. None of the dealers in my vicinity stocks filters of that diameter. Since I wasn’t willing to spend more than 200 € for a quick test, I have to be patient. My customer will test the holder and I will report the results.
Polarizers are expected to produce strange effects when pointed at the sky. Nevertheless, they should remove reflections quite good across the whole image.
I made the BLN-1 battery cover available in my Shapeways shop. If you don’t have access to a 3D-printer you may order the cover at Shapeways. They will print the item in SLS and deliver it right to you. If the service is suitable for other projects, I will deploy them to my Shapeways shop.
I built a new buzzer for photo booths. The new case is even more stable than its predecessor. As a bonus, it allows charging two AA cells independently without opening the case. The receiver is implemented using a Yongnuo RF-603. It may be expanded with a USB-dongle that emulates a left mouse click or hitting a key on a keyboard.
I performed tests to power Olympus cameras (OM-D E-M1) from a 5 V source. The voltage of 7.5 to 7.6 V required by the camera was delivered by a DC-DC step-up converter.
In general, powering a camer this way is possible. I just couldn’t find a power source yet that allows to drive the camera without restrictions. Even a wall wart delivering 2 A maximum current wasn’t enough to get single frame pictures at a decent pace. Too short image intervals caused troubles saving the taken pictures. Common USB chargers won’t drive the camera even in idle mode.
Maybe a power source delivering 2.5 or 3 A may do the trick. I couldn’t verify it yet.
I have selected a couple of pictures of my recent trip to the Sudan. They may be seen here in my gallery.
I am still searching for the wreck of the Aurora, lying at Wingate Reef. As far as I know, she sank on November 23rd 2004 during a storm. She is reported to lie at about 20 meters depth in the vicinity of the Umbria. The image shows the Aurora on her last trip in October 2002.
I am glad about any hint leading me to the exact position of the wreck. If you know about the wreck, please tell me through my contact form.
I selected a couple of pictures from my expedition to Mount Licancabur to be shown in my gallery. Althoug we didn’t succeed in reaching the summit and diving the crater lake, the trip left deep and vivid impressions. We’ll have a second try for sure.